- Accelerated Reader
- Adverse Weather Information
- Anti-Social Behaviour Information
- Assessment and Reporting
- Complaints Procedure
- News Listing
- OfSTED Parent View
- Online Payments
- School Meals
- School Medication Form
- Teaching and Learning
- Term Dates 2018-2019
- Timings of the School Day
- Parent Info
- Show My Homework
Admissions and Transfer Arrangements
If you are interested in finding out more about this school, please contact, in the first instance, our Reception Manager Miss H. McElligott (Tel: 01278 425222).
For admissions into Years 7 – 11 please ask to speak to Mr Suik, Assistant Head, who would be delighted to arrange a time for your to come in to meet us and to look round during the normal school day.
For transition from Year 6 into Year 7 please contact the Local Authority in the first instance as they deal with the admissions process. (Admissions Department: Somerset County Council: Tel 0845 345 9122).
We hold an Open Evening and three Open Mornings at the start of each school year but please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a tour of the school at any other time. We would love to meet you and to share the Chilton Trinity experience with you.
At Chilton Trinity we maintain very close links with our feeder Primary schools and during the summer term, prior to transfer, the following induction programme takes place:
- An Assistant Head and one of our House Learning Managers visit all schools to meet Headteachers, Year 6 staff and the children themselves.
- Year 9 students are appointed as Ambassadors and visit Primary Schools to meet Year 6 children. They also help them in the early days of Year 7 life at Chilton Trinity.
- An Information Evening will be held in June 2018 (Exact date TBC), 18:00 - 19:00, when Parents/Carers are given a detailed handbook outlining procedures. They also have a chance to talk with the Form Tutor and other staff to share information and talk through any concerns.
- Two Induction Days will be held on Wednesday 5th and Thursday the 6th of July for students to come to their new school, take part in lessons and meet other members of their tutor groups and the tutor.
- Following induction to school, the Ambassadors are on hand to explain, help and guide.
Students will be admitted at age 11 (Year 7) on a non-selective basis. The number of intended admissions in September will be 210.
All applications for places in Year 7 should be made to :
The Admissions Department
The ‘Primary or Secondary Admissions Guide’ in 2019 can be found on our website www.somerset.gov.uk/admissions. Parent/carers are advised to read this booklet thoroughly before making an online application.
For Chilton Trinity's over subscription criteria please see the Admissions Policy.
Parents of prospective pupils in all age groups are most welcome to visit the school during the normal working day. Appointments can be arranged by telephoning the school. Visits usually last between 45 – 50 minutes and will include a tour of the school.
All enquiries should be addressed to Mr Rob Suik, Assistant Head (Tel: 01278 425222).