At Chilton Trinity we understand that the education our students receive goes beyond the academic, and that a strong programme of personal development is crucial in preparing students for their adult lives. We believe in providing many opportunities for pupils to engage with society, underpinned by our core values of Engagement, Ambition and Resilience.
The intent of our Personal Development Strategy is to develop responsible, resilient, respectful and active citizens in an inclusive environment, who are engaged and keen to play their part and become actively and positively involved in public life as adults.
The New OFSTED framework for personal development indicates that school’s should be developing:
- Pupils’ understanding of the fundamental British values of democracy, individual liberty, the rule of law and mutual respect and tolerance.
- Pupils’ character, which?Ofsted defines as a set of positive personal traits, dispositions and virtues that informs their motivation and guides their conduct so that they reflect wisely, learn eagerly, behave with integrity and cooperate consistently well with others.
- Pupils’ confidence, resilience and knowledge so that they can keep themselves mentally healthy.
- Pupils’ understanding of how to keep physically healthy, eat healthily and maintain an active lifestyle, including giving ample opportunities for pupils to be active during the school day and through extra-curricular activities.
- Pupils’ age-appropriate understanding of healthy relationships through appropriate relationships and sex education.
These will all feature in our Personal Development Strategy.
Our Enrichment Days will feature the opportunity for all pupils to experience educational visits such as Noah’s Ark, We The Curious, Cannington Outdoor Education Centre, Bristol Zoo to name a few.
Weekly drop-in sessions with Miss Butt.